Being very smart, I decided to half the original recipe before I even got started. That led to a few awkward conversions: half of a third of a cup, half an egg...but it's all worth it.
Brownies. Cheesecake. Baileys. As if you needed one reason to make this, I just gave you three.
Yield: 9 generous sized brownies
Recipe from Foxes Love Lemons
- For the brownies
- ¾ cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ½ cup unsweetened baking chocolate
- 1 teaspoons vanilla
- ¾ teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 2 eggs
- For the Bailey’s cheesecake
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ½ egg (1½ tablespoons)
- 2 ½ tablespoons plus ½ teaspoon sugar (a.k.a ½ of ⅓ cup)
- 2 tablespoons Bailey’s
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
Add both kinds of chocolate, the vanilla, and espresso powder and whisk until chocolate is melted.
Now let's get serious about making some brownies. Preheat the oven to 350° F. Line an 8"x8" pan with parchment paper and spray with cooking spray. Pour in ½ the brownie mixture.