Sunday, January 8, 2012

Spinach Feta Omelet

Several of the luscious little treats that I made over the holiday season called for egg yolks, leaving a surplus of egg whites.  At the same time, I kept hearing about the Starbucks feta spinach wrap.  Since I find it more convenient to cook at home than to drive to Starbucks, I immediately looked up a bunch of dup recipes and whipped up my own facsimile.  How close it is to the Starbucks original, I don't know, but it was really good.

And then one morning I woke up craving my new favorite breakfast only to discover that I was fresh out of tortillas.  Rather than to do without, or delay breakfast to make a trip to the store, I just made up the filling without the wrap, ending up with an omelet.  And since then I haven't bothered to stock up on tortillas again.

Ingredients
  • ½ cup frozen spinach
  • 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
  • ¼ clove garlic
  • Red pepper flakes to taste
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons feta
Method

Thaw the frozen spinach in the microwave.  Dice the garlic and sun dried tomatoes.

 Spray a skillet lightly with oil and heat on medium high.

Mix everything together and add a generous amount of crushed red pepper.

And some eggs.  Use egg whites only if you want; unless I have leftovers from a scrumptious dessert project, I go for the whole egg.

 Mix everything together.

Pour everything into the skillet.

Add the feta.

Flip it.

Serve it.

Eat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment