About Me

My photo

I'm a runner with a baking habit.  I'm constantly on the lookout for awesome desserts, freezer friendly recipes to pack in the lunchbox, and quick dinner ideas.

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Spinach Feta Omelet

Several of the luscious little treats that I made over the holiday season called for egg yolks, leaving a surplus of egg whites.  At the same time, I kept hearing about the Starbucks feta spinach wrap.  Since I find it more convenient to cook at home than to drive to Starbucks, I immediately looked up a bunch of dup recipes and whipped up my own facsimile.  How close it is to the Starbucks original, I don't know, but it was really good.

And then one morning I woke up craving my new favorite breakfast only to discover that I was fresh out of tortillas.  Rather than to do without, or delay breakfast to make a trip to the store, I just made up the filling without the wrap, ending up with an omelet.  And since then I haven't bothered to stock up on tortillas again.

Ingredients
  • ½ cup frozen spinach
  • 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes
  • ¼ clove garlic
  • Red pepper flakes to taste
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 tablespoons feta
Method

Thaw the frozen spinach in the microwave.  Dice the garlic and sun dried tomatoes.

 Spray a skillet lightly with oil and heat on medium high.

Mix everything together and add a generous amount of crushed red pepper.

And some eggs.  Use egg whites only if you want; unless I have leftovers from a scrumptious dessert project, I go for the whole egg.

 Mix everything together.

Pour everything into the skillet.

Add the feta.

Flip it.

Serve it.

Eat it.


No comments:

Post a Comment