Sunday, February 25, 2018

Weekly Eats: Monday Feb 19 - Sunday Feb 25


A weekly roundup: eats, workouts, watches, and reads.  Double batch edition.


Weekday Breakfasts
Breakfast Burritos
Egg, turkey sausage, and toast

Weekend Breakfasts
Mushroom, green pepper, onion, and cheese omlettes with toast.  I begin by sauteing the mushrooms in  a little salt and butter until they get soft and all the juices evaporate.  I take them out of the pan and saute the green pepper with onion and a little garlic, them combine everything for a few minutes.  Sometime I add sausage to the veggies, sometimes I don't.  The veggies make enough to get me through four breakfasts.


 And then comes omelet.  After loading it with veggies I give it dusting of cheese and red pepper flakes.


Weekday Lunches
M,T,W,&H: Garlic Shrimp Pasta via Well Plated.  As I suspected when I made it last Sunday, this was delicious and reheated well.

F: Spinach Mushroom Artichoke Stuff shells from here.

Weekend Lunches:
Sweet Potato, corn, and black bean enchiladas
Thumbs up to this green hot sauce, which came in the Fuego Box that I received for Christmas.  Good flavor and a bit of heat = reordered it on Amazon.

Weekday Dinners
Monday (family meal): the annual Boy Scout Spaghetti Dinner.  One of my favorite meals of the year and best table service ever via our waiter, stepson #1.

Tuesday (family meal): the classic.  Hot dog, mac n'cheese, peas.


Wednesday (date night): Chicken Bacon Ranch Burgers with fries.

Thursday (fend for yourself night): the last serving of Sweet Potato, corn, and black bean enchiladas

Friday (family meal): takeout pizza.

Weekend Dinners
Saturday (single girl night): The last serving of veggie burritos with homemade guac on the side (that's half an avocado).  I loved those burritos so much and you can expect to see them back in the meal rotation very soon.


With a seasonal dessert:

Sunday (family meal): baked ziti with garlic bread.

Meal Prep
 
Another batch of breakfast burritos

The freezer was critically low, so it wasn't just cooking time, it was double batch cooking time.  Starting with a double batch of the Sweet Potato, corn, and black bean enchiladas.  With the double batch, I was able to skimp on the cheese a little.  I also only used 3 cups of sauce, because that's all that was in the large can that I got.


 Everything worked out just fine.

Plus a double batch of baked ziti.  One for my family, one for my lunchbox.

Other
Standard fare of treadmill runs, walks, and two weight lifting days with lots of pushups on the side.  As a reward for my effort, this happened on Saturday:

First time ever coming in under an 11 minute pace.  No, it wasn't easy but it also didn't kill me.  My Thursday speed workouts are doing the job.

Watching (from the treadmill): A Place to Call Home

Watching (from the couch): Hubs and I finished season 2 of Ash vs Evil Dead only to learn that season 3 will be here soon.   On Friday I sat everyone down to The Invisible Man, OG version.  You never know whether the classics are going to be hits or misses, but the Invisible Man came through.  The stepsons ate it up and came up with their own invisibility plans. On Saturday I had a single girl day while the menfolk went to Scout Ski Camp, and pecked away at this and that but couldn't settle on anything to watch.

Reading: finished Nemesis by Brendan Reichs.  It started strong but dragged toward the end.  Next up: The Marriage Lie.

Your Turn:

  • What are you cooking this week? 
  • What are you reading and watching?
  • Favorite green hot sauce?
  • Favorite Easter candy?  Around here we stock up on Reese's Eggs (favorite of the adults), York Eggs (favorite of stepson #1) and Dove Eggs (favorite of stepson #2), and the occasional Cadbury Egg for me (I buy them one at a time since I'm the only one in the house who likes them, idk what's wrong with these people but totes respect since that means more for me).

No comments:

Post a Comment