Sunday, October 14, 2018

Weekly Eats: Monday October 8 to Sunday October 14


A weekly round up: eats, workouts, watches and reads.  Typical week edition.

For the first time since I started the weekly eats series, I can't think of a theme of the week.  It was just a typical week.  We ate steak, made an awesome beef stew casserole and an awful smoothie, went to Trader Joe's, and did a lot of running.

Breakfasts
Monday: protein breakfast smoothie
Tuesday & Thursday: breakfast burrito
Wednesday:  cereal bar and string cheese
Friday: Pumpkin protein smoothie.  Looked awful/tasted awful.  I don't want to talk about it.
Saturday: homemade Egg McMuffin with bacon
Sunday: lucky charms!  I believe this is the first time you've seen me eat cereal for breakfast

Lunches
Monday: leftover thai takeout from the weekend.  Gourmet tofu
Tuesday & Wednesday: spinach artichoke pasta. I hadn't had this in a while and forgot how much I love it.
Thursday & Friday: veggie burrito
Saturday: California pizza kitchen margarita flatbread
Sunday: snacks

Dinners
Monday (family meal): leftover fajitas from Sunday.  This is my second time making this recipe and both times I've made the mistake of not making enough.  The recipe is written for pounds of chicken and I used something like .  Next time I'll bump that up to 3 pounds minimum.

Tuesday (family meal): hubs and steps had mac n'cheese and nuggets.  There were two bites of chicken and a handful of peppers left from the fajitas which I couldn't bear to throw out, so I had a skimpy fajita.

Wednesday (date night): flat iron steak, cilantro lime rice, and veg.  Reminder if you're not sure what flat iron steak is, it's a very lean and very cheap cut of meat that is amazingly tender so please drop everything and try to find some.

Thursday (fend for yourself night): the last of the rice with a chicken sausage.

Friday (date night): out to the Mexican restaurant where we had our first date.

Saturday (date night): Easy beef stew casserole via the Typical Mom.  I knew this was right up our alley (and that the kids would detest it), so I've been saving this for a cold night with just the two of us.  And let me tell you that it did not disappoint.

But wait, there's more...apple crumble and ice cream for dessert.

Sunday (family meal): burgers and fries


Meal Prep
Breakfast burritos
Gimme Some Oven's Korean Steak Kabobs for lunches.  I threw some mushrooms in to mix it up.


Trader Joe's haul deets
(You might be able to tell that I went before lunch)
Staples: Bay Blend coffee, frozen spinach, chicken sausage, smashing s'mores, olive oil spray, Banana bites gone bananas, berry bites gone berry.

New stuff to try: Hold the Cone Pumpkin Ginger (yum, love), vanilla ice cream bon bons (my vote: meh, stepkids vote: yeah!) Pumpkin toaster pastries.  I am so bummed that they don't have the pumpkin flavored cereal bars this year.


Workouts
Monday: weights and 3 mile treadmill run
Tuesday: 5 mile treadmill run
Wednesday: off
Thursday: 5 miles of treadmill intervals
Friday: weights and 2 mile treadmill run (1 mile of hills)
Saturday: 10 mile outdoor run! I don't want to mislead anyone into thinking that running 10 miles is easy, but there's something very zen about it.  I took my favorite route to the park (3 miles from home to park/2 mile trail/3 miles home with a detour to get the extra two miles).  Once I get a bit more used to the distance I'll start running two loops of the trail.

Watching
(from the treadmill): How to Get Away with Murder, Call the Midwife
(from the couch): Dirty Harry (our first time seeing it together) and we spent the rest of our TV time this week laughing.  Quite a bit of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt (somewhere in season 3) and the Hodge Twins.

Reading
Finished Let Me Lie by Clare Mackintosh, and yes it was good but if you haven't read her first book, I Let You Go, you just need to drop everything and get on that.  Started rereading an old favorite, Dover and the Claret Tappers.

No comments:

Post a Comment