Monday, October 7, 2019

Weekly Eats: Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins Edition


A weekly roundup: eats, watches, and reads.  In this week's adventures, we were busy people and broke out the leftovers.  I had just enough free time to treat myself to some seasonal baking.

I say that I "treated myself" to the baking because I'm the only one in the house who likes pumpkin.  Sally's Baking Addiction's Pumpkin Cheesecake Muffins caught my eye and I went for it.  Of course, as much as I wanted a muffin, I did not want 15 of them, so I took the batch to work.  They were gone by noon and everyone wanted the recipe.

Breakfasts
Monday & Sunday: cereal bar, cheese, and fruit

Tuesday: pumpkin muffin, cheese, and fruit

Wednesday & Thursday: breakfast burritos

Friday: breakfast at work

Saturday: breakfast for two with my husband's fresh made waffles

Lunches
Monday, Tuesday, & Friday: salads at work

Wednesday:  sweet potato, corn, and black bean enchiladas

Thursday: a salmon bowl.  Ok, it's a salmon plate but whatever.  This was a successful experiment in reheating air fried salmon (no obviously it's not as good as eating it fresh out of the air fryer but it's a very decent second and I only reheated the salmon for about 15 seconds just long enough to take the chill out, I did not "fish out" the office).

Saturday: I call this one a fridge cleanout quesadilla.  Flatout wrap + Trader Joe's black bean spread + cheese + TJ's guac + salsa.

Sunday: snacks

Dinners
Monday (family meal): leftover cleanout.  Pasta with meat sauce for adults, buttered noodles and hot dogs for kids (the kids in my house would like you to know that they are normal and do not do weird things like put meat sauce on pasta like certain adults that they know).

Tuesday (family meal): this was in the category of "we're out of ideas and have no time to eat". We have a tight schedule on Tuesdays, and I was late home because the beginning of the month is my busy time at work.  Hubs did a freezer cleanout and came up with some precooked microwaveable chicken breasts for the men of the house.  I got home as they were finishing up and had all the time in the world to treat myself to a good meal, so I whipped up a salmon bowl.  I made the dressing from Skinny Taste's Seattle Salmon Bowl to go with it.

Wednesday (date night): yeah this busy period was busier than normal, so I had no other ambitions besides stopping by Panera on the way home.

Thursday (fend for yourself night): ouch, late night at work!  Had an early "dinner" of a Clif bar at work and then a fridge cleanout quesadilla when I got home.

Friday (nite out): a coworker had a housewarming party (if anyone's keeping track this is the 3rd coworker housewarming party in as many months, everyone moved this summer).  I had a big fat juicy brat and I'm drooling a bit as I write this.

Saturday (family meal): our meal planning mojo is back!  Or I went to Costco, depending on your view of things.  Chicken skewers, avocado, cilantro lime rice, and kale salad mix (everyone else in the family had frozen broccoli).
The kids played along nicely.  They've been pretty down on our meals lately, which is 100% their right as kids.  A certain stepson forgot that he doesn't like chicken.  We had a lot of leftover rice and the kids ate it all for a snack the next day.  My theory is that they're at a point in their growth cycle where they just can't afford to pass up any food.  Our grocery bill is high and we have some tall kids in this house.

A treat was in order for dessert.  Sally's Baking Addiction Cookie Cake


Sunday (family meal): oh yes we did make A Foodie Stays Fit's white BBQ chicken again, why yes we did.  I made up another batch of rice while hubs did the grilling.

Meal Prep
Another batch of breakfast burritos and I roasted up a couple of sweet potatoes that were hanging around.  We have leftover chicken skewers and white BBQ grilled chicken, stay tuned to find out if we still have leftover rice for next week's dinners.

Watching
A busy week at work definitely cut into my TV time, so my only solo couch TV watching was How to Get Away with Murder.  But this weekend things were calmer and I got to do my favorite thing, watching 80's action movies with the stepsons.
  • Lethal Weapon 2.  That was the night that I went to my coworker's party, I got home just in time for the toilet bomb scene.
  • Die Hard 2.
 I didn't see either of these movies back in the day, and I can't imagine watching them without the stepson comment track.  They have plans to deal with the kinds of situations that the heroes got into.

Reading
He's Gone by Deb Caletti

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, your eats always look so delish! And a great variety...even when you repeat some leftovers, you always make them look like a new meal with other side items added in. I wish I had that skill ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I should never read your blog posts during the afternoon while waiting until it's time to start dinner. Yes, I'm inspired by your delicious looking dishes, but I want all-the-food right then!

    ReplyDelete