Sunday, July 15, 2018

Weekly Eats: Mon July 9 to Sun July 15


A weekly roundup: eats, workouts, watches, and reads.  Canned wine edition.

Canned wine verdict: we recently tried ManCan and found it to be more can than man, so we didn't have high hopes for Too Uncanny.  But we were wrong, it's the real deal and has the official Birchwood Seal of Approval.

Weekday Breakfasts







Weekend Breakfasts
S: Sheet pan hash browns with roasted veggies and scrambled eggs (hash brows/veggies from the freezer/fresh made eggs).

Su: cereal bar and string cheese



Weekday Lunches
Another solid week of salads from our office catered lunches.  I brought in a salmon filet to cover me on the one day when there wasn't a good protein option from the lunches and an avocado to use throughout the week for some extra pep.


Weekend Lunches
S: California Kitchen Margarita Flatbread.
Su: ad hoc nachos with random leftovers in the fridge.


Weekday Dinners
Monday (family dinner/fend for yourself): One of the stepsons had a late day doctor's appointment so the menfolks got home just as I was finishing dinner.  I had the very last serving of the hybrid Chrissy Teigen's Drunken Noodles/Gimme some oven Korean stir fry that I made a few months ago (I couldn't decide which recipe I wanted so I combined them - Ali's glass noddles and veggies, Chrissy's sauce, and tofu).  And guys I'm telling you what this is where the freezer is gold.

On the side: garden fresh green beans.

Tuesday (date night #1): hubs whipped up grilled cheese and tomato soup.













Wednesday (date night #2): hubs got us out of the house and out on the town.  We hit up the hamburger drive thru.



Thursday (date night #3):  Primavera stuffed chicken with seasoned rice.  I had more veggies than chicken so I just baked them up along side in the same pan.








Friday (date night #4): Steak night!  That's more seasoned rice with grilled zucchini and portabella mushrooms via Well Plated.








Weekend Dinners
Saturday (date night #5): hubs and I have a standing annual date to go to a local outdoor theater company in the park.  Subway + Too Uncanny + s'mores bars.


Reflections on married life: 5 date nights in 7 days?  I think we're doing all right.

Sunday (family dinner): Baked chimichangas with cilantro lime rice.






Meal Prep
A brand new batch of breakfast burritos, plus enough leftover chimi's for one adult meal.

Workouts
M: Weights and 1.75 mile treadmill run.
T: 6 mile outside run. 
W: Off
H: Treadmill intervals, first time ever running 400's at 7.0.  It was a long road to get here.
F: Weights and 1.75 mile treadmill run.
S: Yeah, long run day.  I had my heart set on my favorite 8 mile run (3 miles to the park - 2 mile trail - 3 miles home) and wasn't about to let a piddly little heat wave stop me.  My body decided to stop me just after mile 4 and it was run/walk from there on.  Finally at mile 7 I gave up on running and walked the final mile home as a dizzy/nauseated mess.  I was wiped out for the rest of the day and much of today.  Lesson learned: the next time it's this hot I'll pick a route that stays nearer to home.
Su: Off (though hubs and I deep cleaned the house so we were on our feet all day).


Watching
(From the treadmill): How to Get Away with Murder, A Place to Call Home (only one more episode to go and I'm already sad about it).  

(From the couch): Hubs and I did some serious Halt and Catch Fire Watching (I think we're close to the end of season 3), Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt, and Monty Python.

Reading
Dover Goes to Pott by Joyce Porter.

2 comments: