Sunday, April 28, 2019

Weekly Eats: Easy Cooking Week


A weekly round up: eats, workouts, watches, and reads. An easy cooking week after Easter, further adventures in air frying, and NBD but I ran a 10 mile race yesterday.

Breakfasts
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: I was out of breakfast burritos, so breakfast potatoes topped with Trader Joe's pepita salsa and eggs stepped in to fill the void.

Wednesday: mixed it up with a homemade Egg McMuffin with bacon.

Friday: pretended to have something new by putting my potatoes and eggs in a tortilla and toasting it in the air fryer.

Saturday: very early prerace breakfast.  Hubby waffles with chicken sausage.

Sunday: see lunch

Lunches
Monday and Tuesday: The latest new amazing food find from Costco: Mediterranean chicken skewers.  I waited far too long to try these and they did not disappoint.  Sure I could make something similar for less $ but not that much less $.  I didn't bother to reheat them since they are delicious cold.

Wednesday, Thursday, Friday: ate lunch from work catering and ate too much because of it.  Two takeaways: hello, I with the amount of running I am doing it does not work to have a salad for lunch.  And planning to have the same thing 5 straight days in a row also doesn't work.  Learn lessons, do better next week.

Saturday: post race lunch of chicken skewers, baked sweet potato with butter and garlic powder, avocado, and lime juice.  This was the centerpiece to help me recover from the race, along with potato chips, ice cream, and a giant bowl of lucky charms.

Sunday: an ad hoc chicken burrito for brunch.  That's a chicken skewer, cheese, sour cream, a little avocado, salsa, and lettuce in an air fried tortilla.


Dinners
Monday (family meal): hallelujah, we did Easter leftovers right this year!  We sent ham home with everyone, so we only had enough for Sunday dinner + hubs and steps for Monday.  Compared to last year when we had it for days...no one wants ham for days.  I was happy to let them have it and have a chicken sausage instead.  The kids had mac n'cheese for their sides, the adults had leftover twice baked potatoes.

Tuesday (family meal): sammies!  Props to hubs for the offbeat dinner idea.

Wednesday (date night): I had to pick up my race packet for Saturday after work, so I cut corners on the cooking and hit up Panera.  Turkey BLT + broccoli cheese soup.

Thursday (fend for yourself night): Air fryer cod with cilantro lime rice.  I can't say this enough, the air fryer is genius for fish.  I rarely have cod because I was never able to find a good way to cook it before the air fryer.

Friday (date night/pre race carb up): baked ziti.

Saturday (date night): I told hubs that I wanted a burger, and he asked if we could make that a chicken burger.  I put our fries (sweet potato for me/regular for him) in the air fryer.  They cooked faster and had a little extra magic crispyness compared to the oven. Making fries for two was pretty crowded in there, the fries were barely in a single layer.  I don't know if it would work to load up the basket with enough fries for a family dinner but I will let you know when we try it.

Sunday (family meal): lasagna.

Workouts
24 miles of running and so much to tell you about it.
  • Back when I was doing a mix of treadmill and outdoor running, I generally did workouts on treadmill days and just easy runs outside.  My thought was that it's easier to do workouts on the treadmill when you can control the speed by pressing a button and you have a big ol' display in front of your face.  This week I took the first baby step at adding workouts in my outdoor running.
  • Oh hey, no big deal but I ran a 10 mile race on Saturday as a preview for my first half marathon next month.  I have so much to say about that it got its own post.
Monday: 4 miles with strides, weights later in the day.  Felt awesome.
Tuesday: the struggle bus workout of the week.  I planned to start cutting back for Saturday's race by only running 5 miles and even that turned out to be ambitious.  I struggled through every step and felt very defeated. 
Wednesday: no running, weights at lunch
Thursday: was like Tuesday never happened.  I had pep in my step.  5 miles total: 2 miles warm up, 2 miles of one minute fast/two minutes recover, and one mile cool down.  This run was so awesome.
Friday: off
Saturday: 10 miler.  10/10 would run again.
Sunday: off and in such a euphoria about the 10 miler.

What I'm doing for paces on my workouts: for Monday's strides, it was easy to get into an 8:ish pace for the 30 seconds.  For Thursday, I wanted to be faster than normal but not go all out, so my goal was to get a 10:ish pace, but I found it pretty easy to get 9:ish and maintain it for all of the intervals.

Forecast for next week: Imma rest tomorrow and possibly on Tuesday if my body needs it. I'll run on Wed and Thurs, and take Friday off because I have a 5k on Saturday.  It will be my lowest mileage week in a long time and I can't lie, I'm ready for it.

Watching
With my weight workouts: Mama June from Hot to Not
From the couch on my own:
From the couch with hubs:
Reading
Still chugging along on Sour Cream with Everything by Joyce Porter.

No comments:

Post a Comment