Sunday, April 21, 2019

Weekly Eats: Easter Edition

A weekly round up: eats, workouts, watches and reads.  In this week's edition: our Easter, further adventures with the air fryer, and a whole lotta running.



Breakfasts

Monday & Thursday: breakfast potatoes with Trader Joe's pepita salsa and eggs.
Tuesday & Friday: breakfast burritos
Wednesday: avocado toast
Saturday: waffles & air fryer bacon
Sunday: nothing, held out for Easter Brunch.

Lunches
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday: Gimme Some Oven's Cold Sesame Peanut Noodles with soy curls.  It was incredibly good, though after three straight days of it I was ready to move on.
Thursday & Friday: catered lunches at work.
Saturday: snacks
Sunday: Easter Brunch!  We hosted and did the usual divide and conquer for the food:
  • Hubs: ham
  • Me: mini quiches.  Doubled the recipe, used a pound of bacon in place of the veggies;-)
  • SIL#3: French Toast Casserole
  • SIL#4: cheesy potato casserole
  • Adult Cousins: mimosas and fruit.
I also made a batch of these lemon bars because the previous night SIL#3, the adult cousins, and I got to talking about them.

Dinners
Monday & Tuesday: leftover tacos.  I toasted my tortilla in the air fryer.
Wednesday: air fryer steak with twice baked potatoes and roasted broccoli.  From what I'd read, air fryer steak is supposed to be the Holy Grail.  Don't get me wrong, it's not bad but for my first try I'm going to call it overrated.  My favorite way to cook steak is to give it to my husband to grill.
Thursday: air fryer salmon with avocado, cilantro lime rice, and peas.  Nothing overrated here, if you haven't had air fryer fish you're missing out.
Friday: out on the town to a Lebanese restaurant.  Lamb plate.
Saturday: over to SIL#3's for game night.  Pizza and cookies with wine.
Sunday: hasn't happened yet.  Imma publish early this week, but there's an excellent chance that it's going to be ham.

Meal Prep
Minimal.  We have ham for days.

Workouts
32 miles of running this week.
Monday: 4 miles with some quick surges, weights
Tuesday: 6 miles
Wednesday: off
Thursday: 6 miles, weights
Friday: 4 hilly miles
Saturday: 12 miles!  It was hard to get started, but I reminded myself that at most I only have one more 12 miler before my half marathon next month.  The first 8 miles flew by, then mile 9 got pretty tough (and uphill).  I seriously doubted myself for miles 10-11.8 and then suddenly I got a burst of energy at the end.  Speaking of energy, I had a glass of UCAN with a Nuun (electrolyte) tablet before, took gels & water at 6 miles and 10 miles, and had a recovery smoothie right after.  I rested for a little bit but was then ready to get right back on my feet and I'm looking forward to my next run.  I really, really dislike the the running fuel (I'd rather eat food ya know) but I appreciate what it's doing for me.
Sunday: off

Watching
From the treadmill: I took a few one mile treadmill walks at lunch to catch up on my new favorite reality show, Mama June from Not to Hot.
From the couch: More Mama June and The Devil's Needle.

Reading
Finished Becoming by Michelle Obama, started an old favorite, Sour Cream with Everything.





No comments:

Post a Comment