Sunday, May 26, 2019

Weekly Eats: Low Calorie Edition

A weekly round up: eats, workouts, watches, and reads.  I laid off exercise this week to recover from the half marathon, and I was shocked about how little I eat when I'm not running 30 miles a week.  The second I started running again, my body demanded every calorie burned in running.

This is as good a time as any to mention that I only post my meals in these recaps, not everything that I eat.  Generally I eat everything pictured on the plate, but I don't tell you if I had more after that or go into detail on snacks...that's just TMI.

Breakfasts
Monday & Friday: breakfast potatoes with salsa and eggs.  I think I'm finally over my crush on Trader Joe's pepita salsa, since lately all I want is Pace.

Tuesday & Wednesday: Fruit, cereal bar, and string cheese.

Thursday: breakfast burrito

Saturday: pre run waffles via hubbs, air fryer bacon via me.

Sunday: Avocado toast.  The avocado is the frozen chunks from Costco...the jury is out on these.  They're not for avocado toast, that's for sure, but hopefully there is something else I can do with them.

Lunches
Monday: late breakfast

Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: salads at work.

Friday: snacks

Saturday: ribs at a friend's BBQ party

Sunday: snacks

Dinners
Monday: unexpected last minute family bash since SIL#1 and family were in town.  Pasta.  I made our family go to of chocolate chip cookies for dessert.

Tuesday (family dinner): I asked hubs to do the honors for grilled cheese and tomato soup.

Wednesday (date night): meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and pan fried zucchini.  It's been a hot minute since we've had this.

Thursday (fend for yourself night): I did myself proud.  Air fried salmon + mix of pasta + a spiralized zucchini + Costco pesto. 10 minutes of cooking + 5 minutes of cleanup for the spiralizer and air fryer pan. #obsessed.

Friday (date night): chicken bacon ranch burgers + air fryer fries (sweet potato for me, regular for him).

Saturday (fine line between date night and lazy night): after our BBQ lunch, we wanted "something" but nothing elaborate.  I let my man go to town with the cooking.

Sunday (family meal): tacos!

Workouts
Post half marathon recovery + heat = single digit mileage.  8 miles of running this week.
Monday: no workouts + took the day off work.  Slept most of the day.
Tuesday: off
Wednesday: off
Thursday: originally my plan was to take the full week off of exercise, but by Thursday I couldn't stand it any more.  2 mile run in the AM, weights at lunch.
Friday: a really awesome and speedy 3 mile run.
Saturday: a very difficult but still surprisingly speedy 3 mile run in the heat.

Watching
On my own:
  • Dead to Me (love it, on track to finish tonight)
  • Married at First Sight
  • Episode one of The Disappearance of Susan Cox Powell, which you might know better as The Cold Podcast.  It randomly popped up on Youtube (hint: if you were creeped out by the father in law on the podcast, just wait until you get the visual).  Episode 2 is not on youtube, so that's kind of the end of that (yes in our cable free world I could pay a few bucks to see it but I'm probably not going to).
With hubs, who is recovering from Game of Thrones: season 2 of Cobra Kai.  We saw season one last year with the boys, but they haven't wanted to watch season 2 so we went for it on our own.

Reading
Reread an old favorite, The Chinks in the Curtain by Joyce Porter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment