Thursday, November 24, 2022

NaBloPo: A Wild Thanksgiving Eve

 

Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!!!  Here's what's gone down since we last talked.

For all things NaBloPo head over to The Inbetween in Mine  

  • I have strong feelings about burgers being the proper night-before-Thanksgiving meal.  I'm Team Everything for toppings: cheese, mustard, ketchup, mayo, onions, pickles, lettuce, and tomato.  Plus garlic stuffed olives on the side when we have burgers at home.  Hubs has simpler tastes and goes with mayo, onion, lettuce, and tomato.  The boys stick with mayo, lettuce, and onion and think that it's weird that we put all of that other junk on.  For fry preferences, hubs and stepson #2 are salt only, stepson #2 likes to dip his in mayo, and I like both ketchup and mayo.
  • This was meal 1 of 3 for stepson #1 last night.  He came back an hour later for cheesey eggs and then again a bit later for cheesey toast.  And of course he had dessert as well.
  • I've been doing some extra cooking since a member of the family has temporarily changed her diet from paleo to keto.  Stepdog is dealing with doggy tummy trouble so she's on a chicken and rice diet until things clear up.  Except she's not up to eating rice yet and you wouldn't believe the amount of chicken breast that a 60 pound dog can put away. 
  • Dreams do come true!  Stepson #2 had been asking to see The Birds, and on reflection it's the perfect Thanksgiving movie.
  • I also have strong feelings about the perfect Thanksgiving Day lunch as well.
 

  • Current pie status

  • Should I update my profile picture😜

Happy Thanksgiving!  I'll be back tomorrow with tales of the day.

11 comments:

  1. Oh, interesting... burgers the night before Thanksgiving. What's the story behind that? I am with stepson #2 on the fries in mayo dipping - yes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The story is that it's the most dissimilar meal to a Thanksgiving dinner that I can think of;-)

      Delete
  2. I totally relate to the stepson #1 meals! That's my world too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! The boys have a lot of tall men in the family, so the odds are that they're both going to be north of 6 feet when they're done. I think that #2 tends to eat more earlier in the day so we don't notice as much, but some nights it just feels like #1 never leaves the kitchen because he can't stop eating.

      Delete
  3. Burgers on Thanksgiving Eve- that's a great idea. I think cooking a complicated meal should be outlawed that night. I ended up making that cashew tofu stir fry you linked to- this is the second time I've made it, and we love it. But it was more cooking than I wanted to do that particular night.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree. The stir fry is easy BUT throwing a burger on the grill is even easier.

      Delete
  4. Hmmm...I don't think we have night before traditions. Maybe we should.

    My husband thinks it's sacrilegious to put mayo on burgers, but I quite like it. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one in the world who does.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean if I have to I'll eat a burger without mayo...but it just isn't the same. I know there are some people out there who think it's awful. My guess is that the pro-mayo team outnumbers the anti-mayo team.

      Delete
  5. We generally go out to dinner, somewhere casual, for Thanksgiving eve. This year we got take out. I was busy cooking. We had Mexican food from a new place. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of going out or getting takeout! Anything that's fun and easy.

      Delete
  6. I am team never mayo. Never ever ever. Thanks. I'll double the mustard, though, if I can. And yes to pickles - who would not put pickles on a burger (even my veggie burgers are better with pickles!). Here's hoping stepson #1 eventually left the kitchen. Yay, teenage boys. :)

    ReplyDelete