Drumroll please...it's time to unveil a seasonal treat.
It's no secret that I love eggnog. As a child, I knew that the Christmas season meant Santa, presents, and eggnog. I remember pouring it out of the carton into glasses and grinding a dusting of nutmeg over the top.
My lifetime observations about eggnog:
- It is the most delicious, incredible treat.
- The calorie count is irrelevant under the 80/20 rule. The one carton of eggnog that I consume during the month of December is a tiny fraction of the 20% of my food intake that brings 80% of my food pleasure.
- Homemade eggnog is overrated. The stuff in the carton is plenty good, and pasteurized too.
- Adding alcohol to eggnog is overrated. As much as I love booze, eggnog is so good it doesn't need any enhancement apart from nutmeg.
- Freshly ground nutmeg is overrated, but highly nostalgic. My parents bought whole nutmegs and had a dedicated nutmeg grinder. I own a nutmeg grater and have a lifetime supply of nutmegs, yet at some point I switched over to ground nutmeg from a can. Life is still good.
- Nothing will ever beat a plain glass of eggnog, but there is much joy in adding eggnog to treats. Eggnog cookies, eggnog cheesecake, and most of all, eggnog fudge FTW.
Recipe from Brown Eyed Baker
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup eggnog
- 10½ ounces white chocolate
- 7 oz marshmallow fluff
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
Line an 8"x8" pan with parchment paper.
Post a Comment