Monday, December 26, 2022
Monday, December 19, 2022
A weekly round up: eats, workouts, watches, and reads. We're so close to the most wonderful time of the year. No, I'm not talking about Christmas, for me it's all about December 21st. Let's get the darkest day of the year out of here and start working on getting our daylight back!
Monday, December 12, 2022
A weekly round up: eats, workouts, watches, and reads.
The best way that I can describe this time of year is "beige". It's not snowing yet so everything outside is brown, and the short days mean that all of my photos have a distinct beige tone. I mean it's fine but it's...a much of a muchness. I just need someone to push the fast forward button to get us on the other side of December 21 so that we can start getting more daylight up in here.
Here's what's been going down...
Tuesday, December 6, 2022
Last week I posted A Big Ol' Movie Roundup and today I'm here to report back.
- I feel like Risky Business keeps coming up on my radar. I hadn't seen it or thought about it since it came out (dear God that's awfully close to 40 years ago) and Tom Cruise is one of my least favorite actors but the chatter keeps coming so I was interested in taking another look.
- I had never seen or for that matter heard of a movie called Heathers but it was on the roundup list and looked interesting. Out of the movies that I asked for feedback on, this was the one that popped up on everyone's radar. There's a mix of positive memories and a lot of "uh...it has subject matter that was fine in the 80s but probably isn't now."
- My third watch isn't from the roundup list and do you even need me to tell you that it's from Unspooled? I mean, where else do I get movie ideas from these days? They just did an episode on Planes, Trains, and Automobiles so I wanted to see it in advance of listening to it. As best I can remember I saw this when it came out and found it to be dull and cringe worthy.
This weekend I took advantage of the family being away at Boy Scout camp plus being overwhelmed with life and needing a break and got 'em done.
- All three of these movies are spectacular in their own unique way.
- Bonus points for two out of the three movies having ties to Chicago. I grew up in Champaign, so whenever my closest childhood Big City gets representation I'm there for it.
- The first time that I saw all of these movies was at the wrong point in my life! Today I'm too old for one and the right age for the other two.
Monday, December 5, 2022