Sunday, September 30, 2018

Weekly Eats: Monday September 24 to Sunday September 30

A weekly roundup: Eats, Workouts, Watches, and Reads.  Marathon Relay Edition.
This week I ran in a marathon (DISCLAIMER: I did not run a marathon.  I ran in a marathon) and cooked some awesome food.  For more details, read on.

Weekday Breakfasts
Avocado toast x1
Breakfast Burrito x2
And the new kid in breakfast town, protein breakfast smoothie x2.  My version is a vanilla smoothie without coffee.

Weekday Lunches
Monday & Friday: Veggie burrito
 
Tuesday: Baked ziti
Wednesday: out with coworkers
Thursday: another working lunch, big ol' salad from work catering

Weeknight Dinners
Monday & Tuesday (family meals): We put away the leftover tacos from Sunday.  So yes, we ate the same thing for three nights in a row and we weren't one bit tired of it.

Wednesday (date night): Hubs and I went out on the town and had Shake Shack.  I regret nothing and we will be going back.

Thursday (fend for yourself night): Chrissy Teigen's Actual Drunken Noodles

Friday (date night): Take out pizza and salads. 

Weekend Breakfasts
Saturday: cereal bar and string cheese
Sunday: eh, just coffee.  I slept in and had an early lunch

Weekend Lunches
Saturday: leftover pizza and salad
Sunday: It recently came to my attention that my nearest grocery store has a $5 Sunday sushi special (a.k.a shut up and take my money all ready)


Weekend Dinners
Saturday: out on the town with family for hamburgers.
Sunday (family meal): Chicken parm!  Of course, chicken parm is wildly easy to make and my husband loves it.  The only thing that I don't like about it is that I'm never sure how long to bake the chicken, and I feel like it can stay at 140 degrees for ever but you turn your back for one second and all of a sudden it's an overbaked mess.  Well, tonight the chicken parm gods smiled, and it was perfect melt in your mouth.  And the step kids devoured it, so if that's not an endorsement, I don't know what is.



Meal Prep
Not much this week.  We have a meal or two in leftover chicken parm, and I still have plenty of lunch stuff in the freezer.

Workouts
Monday: weights and three mile treadmill run
Tuesday: 5 mile treadmill run
Wednesday: off
Thursday: 5 mile treadmill interval run (1 mi warm up & cool down, 4x800 @ 6.5 with 400 recovery.
Friday: off to rest up for Saturday
Saturday: Marathon day!  Our local marathon has a five person relay team, and every year I recruit and organize teams for my work.  This is my fourth year running, and I've run the course in sequence.  Next year I will cross the finish line.  So marathoners, how long did it take you to complete your first marathon?  My finish time is projected at 5 years.

This year I had the shortest leg at just 4 miles long, which is miles 17-21 of the course.  When you're only running 4 miles you never have to be sorry for what you said at mile 20!  In my heart of hearts I wanted to run a 10 minute pace and to have the last mile be the fastest.  One of those things happened and I'm not too upset about the one that didn't happen.
I didn't look at my pace while I was running at all.  I let happen whatever was going to happen for mile 1, and then started looking for running partners (the idea is that if I run with someone else, I'll go faster but not too fast).  I settled on pacing myself behind a marathoner with a big skull tattoo on his lower back (visual interest is as good a way as any to pick a running partner).  After a while I realized that the pace was getting too easy (mile 3) and ditched him (mile 4).

What's next for running?  A10k in October and I have my eye on another race in November.

The problem with being anywhere near a marathon course is that it totally makes you feel like you could run a marathon.  I'm not saying that I ever will, but right now I sure feel like I could.

Watching
(from the treadmill): How to Get Away with Murder, Call the Midwife
(from the couch with hubs): Ozark and the first episode of Miami Vice.  For reference, I was born in 1975, so I am both horrified and completely awed by anything early 80's.  C'mon, where else can you see a man in a pink blazer?
(from the couch by myself): Manifest.  There's a bit of a Lost vibe going on, and I'm good with that.  Is it the best show ever?  No.  Did I think it was a worthwhile use of 40 minutes of my weekend and will I be watching next week?  Yes, and looking forward to it.

Reading
The Singer's Gun.  I'm hooked and almost done.

No comments:

Post a Comment