Monday (family meal): the week started on a high note with How Sweet Eats Korean Chicken Bowls. This is something that I've made for myself before but it had some definite landmines as a family dinner:
- Stepson #1 doesn't eat avocado
- Stepson #2 is super picky about not having foods mixed together. For this dish, the vegetables are raw and get lightly steamed by the rice and chicken, so things have to be mixed together.
- Catered to the mild palates in my family and used sweet chili sauce in place of garlic chili sauce and I cut the brown sugar down by a tablespoon to offset any extra sweetness that might have come from the sweet chili sauce.
- Used Asian salad mix in place of the vegetables.
- Skipped the coconut water and TBH next time I'll skip the coconut milk as well, I don't feel like it adds anything.
Tuesday (family meal): leftover Korean chicken
Wednesday (date night): Jo Cooks Pork Chops and Gravy.
Thursday (fend for yourself night): hubs had leftovers from Wednesday, I cleaned up the remaining chicken from Monday.
Friday (fend for yourself night II): hubs took the boys off to the woods for boy scout camp and hung out with them for a while. Veggie burrito for dinner.
Saturday (date night): with the boys away at scout camp, hubs, stepdog, and I had burgers for dinner.
Sunday (family meal): our traditional post scout camp Sunday dinner of tacos, aka favorite dinner of stepson #1.
We have a ton of taco fixin's and I made another batch of breakfast burritos.
When the boys are away...the adults will watch some strange things. As a follow up to Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, which we saw last week, we saw Beyond the Valley of the Dolls (screenplay by Roger Ebert!) Hubs's review "it was everything I hoped it would be."
And we also got back on our Hitchcock train and saw I Confess.
Finished The Family Upstairs, yay Lisa Jewell! Now reading an old favorite, A Meddler and Her Murder by Joyce Porter.