Monday, July 12, 2021

Weekly Whatever: Recovery

 

Another wazzup post as I get my bearings in the new world.

Werk

I am done, done, done with my miserable job.  The highlight of my last day was the happy news that another one of my coworkers received a job offer so the accounting department has gone from four people to one person in a matter of six weeks.   With any luck I'll be phasing the Bad Career Advice section out of my weekly recaps.

Food

Nothing amazing went down last week, partly because I was stressed out and partly because the fam was off at Boy Scout camp.  They came back for good on Saturday and we kicked things off with our standard mandatory burger night.


Sweats

A 30 mile running week!  There was a heatwave during the week and a very merciful cool down for long run day.  The heat is back on this week.

Watching

I go high and I go low.  The "high" of this week was a visit to Oscar territory and Marty.  I really didn't know anything about this movie going in, and no shocker that it was a yet another CSP review that got it on my radar:

 

I was intrigued because the plot sounded very much like one of my all time favorite movies, Lonesome.  The two movies are definitely in cousin territory: Lonesome is about two bitter, lonely New Yorkers who meet by chance, learn everything about each other except their full names and where they live, get separated, and then [cliffhanger!] how can they possibly find each other again?  Marty is about two bitter, lonely New Yorkers who meet by chance, learn everything about each other including their names and where they live, and then Marty has to decide whether to stay in his comfort zone as a bitter lonely singleton or to take a chance on happiness.  It's nothing terribly earth shattering but I'm glad that I finally got around to watching it.

And I go low!  There is another season of Married at First Sight on Hulu that I'm knocking back at a very fast pace.

Reading

OMG yes I am finally reading again.  Only Ever Her by Marybeth Mayhew Whalen.

What Else

I solemnly swear that I am up to no good and have something special on tap for tomorrow.  I'll report back next week;-)


6 comments:

  1. Congrats, Birchie! Yay, freedom at last!
    And well done on the 30 mile running week, especially with a heatwave.

    Now the only thing that I need to know is what you are up to... Can't wait to hear more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Argh...you’re leaving us with that cliffhanger!!!! I’m so happy the old job is but a memory and things are moving forward with your new gig. Great running week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad for you! Best wishes in the new role!

    I'm always looking for new stuff to read so I'm curious now about the book you're reading..did you like it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay on being free from work misery!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha, your last paragraph reminds me to mention that I'm re-reading the Harry Potter books! At first I didn't want to (so many new things to read) but my son convinced me. I just finished the first one and am hooked, again.
    So glad you are done with that job! And congrats on a 30 mile week. Glad you had a cooldown for the long run. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so glad you're done with the old job.
    Oh, and that runny egg yolk makes my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete