Sunday, March 3, 2019

Weekly Eats: Soy Curd Edition

 A weekly roundup: eats, workouts, watches, and reads.  Soy Curls Edition.
In this week's news: I got burned out on eating chicken and salads and tried some new recipes that I'm very excited to tell you about, and had some epic runs.  Let's get into it.

Breakfasts
Monday: fruit, cereal bar, string cheese

Tuesday and Thursday: breakfast burritos

Wednesday and Friday: avocado toast (two eggs/one toast)

Saturday: waffles n'bacon via my honey

Sunday: Who am I???? Yep, lucky charms.

Lunches
Monday: leftover pesto chicken, pasta, and zoodles.  Unfortunately, the chicken didn't reheat very well.  I've really been trying to up my protein intake with all of the extra running that I've been doing, and it hit me during this meal that I'm really not enjoying it.  I decide to take a page out of Meredith's book and chillax on the protein in favor of eating how I want to eat.

Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday: salads and an ungodly amount of snacking.  Lesson learned, salads as meals is just not for me.  But one day we had soy curds and it occurred to me that I wasn't really sure what soy curds are except that they're good...it's not tofu, it's not tempeh, it's not TVP, it's some other soy product that passed me by.  Amazon was happy to fill the void and I ordered a pack to try.

Thursday: oh yum!  Sweet Potato, Corn, and Black Bean Enchiladas

Saturday: veggie burrito

Sunday: I put the soy curds to work with Thai Red Curry via JoCooks.  Gotta love it when you can make a recipe without having to go to the grocery store.  They cooked up easily (you just soak them and then cook them).

Dinners
Monday and Tuesday (family meals): leftover tacos.

Wednesday (date night): Chicken bacon ranch burgers

Thursday (fend for yourself night): hubs had soup, I had salmon and leftover rice from the tacos.

Friday (hybrid fend for yourself/date night): we both had bizarre work days and didn't feel like going out, so we raided the freezer.  He had the last portion of Budget Bytes Weeknight Pasta and I had a veggie burrito.

Saturday (date night): We did it right this time.  Hubs made steak, I made twice baked potatoes and oven roasted frozen broccoli.  I didn't exactly follow the twice baked potato recipe, I was mainly after the correct cooking time.  I pretty much went with our standard mashed potatoes (butter, milk, sour cream, onion powder, salt) with a lil bacon and cheese added.

Sunday (family meal): We were a house divided tonight.  Earlier this week Julie posted Eating Well's Cheesy Spinach & Artichoke Stuffed Spaghetti Squash and I knew I had to have it and soon.  I also knew it wouldn't make the cut for a family dinner...what to do...I made everyone else chicken parmesean and I had my dream meal.

Meal Prep
We're headed into next week with leftover chicken parm, thai curry, and spaghetti squash.

Workouts
I'm back to full running volume with 30 miles this week!  For my weight workouts, I'm splitting up the workout time between the AM and lunch.  I used to get a casual walk in at lunch, but I realized that I would be better off putting the time to getting some extra lifting.
Monday: weights and 4 speedy treadmill miles.
Tuesday: 6 treadmill miles
Wednesday: weights at lunch.
Thursday: 6 treadmill miles, speed intervals.
Friday: weights and 4 treadmill miles with some hill intervals, which killed me.
Saturday: 10 outside miles!  I may or may not have spent the entire week stalking the forecast because I was just not in the mood for a treadmill long run.  The temp was in the low 30's and it was perfect.  And NBD but it was my fastest outside 10 miler ever.  Anytime that I hit a sub 12 minute outdoor pace, it's a big deal.
My focus is now on stalking next Saturday morning's forecast.  I haven't done anything longer than 10 miles in forever and I'm so ready to take that on.

Watching
  • From the treadmill: Outlander.  Season 4 is killing it.  I only have two more episodes.
  • From the couch:
    • On my own: It (hint: no relation to Stephen King)
    • With hubs: 
      • Super Troopers (recommendation from a coworker and it was just what the doctor ordered.
      • Key Largo (ain't no school like the old school)
    • With fam:
      • True Lies because the boys wanted to expand on their Schwarzenegger studies. Little did we know how perfectly it tied in with both It (remaking a dress on short notice) and Key Largo (action in the Florida Keys).  So our movie watching came full circle this weekend.
Reading
Into the Water by Paula Hawkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment