Sunday, March 18, 2018

Weekly Eats: Mon Mar 12 to Sun Mar 18


A weekly roundup: eats, workouts, watches, and reads.  Boy Scout Pancake Edition


Weekday Breakfasts
Breakfast Burritos
Omelet with mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and cheese
Cereal bar with fruit and string cheese

Weekend Breakfasts
Scout Pancake Breakfast (with whipped cream and sprinkles, naturally)
Homemade Egg McMuffin

Weekday Lunches
M &W: Veggie Burritos
T&F:  Sweet Potato Enchiladas
W: Baked ziti

Weekend Lunches
S: not hungry from massive Scout pancakes
Su: Chrissy Teigen's Drunken Noodles

Weeknight Dinners
M&T (family meals): leftover lasagna from last Sunday.
W (date night): Chipotle and margaritas at home
H (fend for yourself night): snacks at work late afternoon
F (date night): out on the town!  Steak for him, crab stuffed portabella for me.

Weekend Dinners
S: family birthday party.  Pizza, cake, and wine.
Su (family meal): Hamburgers on the grill.

Meal Prep
This is a good one.  I loved the gimme some oven stir fry with glass noodles that I made a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to go to the store.  I went looking for something that I could make with the ingredients I already had at home and happily ended up with Chrissy Teigen's drunken noodles.  I had a small portion for lunch today and bundled up the rest for the week.

Changes: used my beloved glass noodles but scaled them down to 8 oz (usually I like a larger ratio of stir fry to noodles, but the sauce is so yummy that I won't do this the next time I make it), used a bag of frozen stir fry veggies bulked up with frozen broccoli, didn't have any scallions so didn't use any, and cut out the chicken.  And oh yes, I doubled the sambal oelek but that's obvious right?

Ima give a special shout out to these stir fry veggies.  My local grocery store has a generic oriental veggie mix that's supposed to have a variety of veggies plus broccoli but in reality is 99% broccoli spears.  I got two bags of stir fry veggies from whole foods some time ago, the first bag (I think it was the 365 brand but not sure) was 80% broccoli spears.  This brand didn't have broccoli so they didn't have the chance to overflow it with spears and used a good mix of everything else, so I'll definitely get it again.

Other
Workouts: I had to make up the lost hour of sleep from the time change last weekend and make room for a doc appointment, so weight workouts got the shaft.  Usual running.  Ready to hit the normal routine with a vengeance next week (and oh yes, should probably get back on that diet thing).

Watching (from the treadmill): A Place to Call Home

Watching (from the couch): not much TV time this week.  I grabbed an episode of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries on my own.  On date night #1, we watched a view things on youtube and somehow this gem came up: Sir Mix-A-Lot with the Seattle Symphony.  Folks, your call on whether it went up hill or down hill from there.  That took us to a bunch of one hit wonders of the 90's round ups.  Date night #2 was The Adventures of Baron Munchausen.

Reading: started The Good House.  Early indication is that it's a good one.

Your Turn

  • What are you cooking this week?
  • What are you watching and reading? 
  • Fav stir fries?  Link me up!



No comments:

Post a Comment