Sunday, March 11, 2018

Weekly Eats: Mon Mar 5 to Sun Mar 11

A weekly roundup: eats, workouts, watches, and reads.  Daylight Savings Time Edition.


Weekday Breakfasts
Breakfast Burritos
Avocado toast
Cereal bar with fruit and string cheese

Weekend Breakfasts
Omelet with mushrooms, green peppers, onions, and a side of bacon

Weekday Lunches
M, W, F:  Sweet Potato Enchiladas

T&H: Baked ziti

Weekend Lunches
Saturday: California Pizza kitchen BBQ chicken


Sunday: BLAT without the L


Weekday Dinners
Monday (family meal): leftover Souvlaki

Tuesday (fend for yourself night): chicken sausage, sweet potato, and peas.  He had baked ziti, kids had noodles and hot dogs.

Wednesday (date night): Ranch pork chops with mashed potatoes and broccoli.  One of the easiest meals I know to make.  I had my sweetie do the grilling.

Thursday (fend for yourself night): leftover pork chop for him, chicken sausage, sweet potato, and veg for me.

Friday (family meal); Trader Joe's orange chicken with Costco veggie eggrolls.  75% of our household loves this meal.  I like it, hubs really likes it, and stepson #1 is obsessed.  Stepson #2 thinks it's spicy. 
The steps crack me up.  Stepson #1 didn't stop eating from Friday night to Sunday morning, and I'm expecting to see him get at least six inches taller by Monday morning.  Stepson #2 couldn't be less interested in food right now.

Weekend Dinners
Saturday: Family lasagna with garlic bread.  Someone please tell me why precooked lasagna noodles don't fit a 9"x13" pan evenly?

Was the size of precooked noodles developed by the same folks that designed the length of hot dogs and hot dog buns?



Sunday (family meal): Veggie burrito for me, chicken burritos for everyone else and guac on the side. 


Meal Prep
I made a batch of veggie burritos for my lunches.  I've noticed that hubby has really liked having the baked ziti around, so I brainstormed about what else would be good to cook up for him and keep in the freezer.  Chicken burritos seemed like a good choice (I'm not always a fan of reheated chicken).  I went with chicken, cilantro lime rice, mild salsa, and cheese.  He liked them, step kids were neutral.  TBD how the leftovers are received.

Other
The scale was very good to me on Monday, and I ending up winning the female side of our office weight loss challenge!  But now that I won't be weighing in with a coworker every week, I need you guys more than ever to keep my accountable.

Workouts: the usual treadmill runs, walks, and weights.

Watching (from the treadmill): A Place to Call Home.  Just finished season 2.

Watching (from the couch): hubs and I finished Con Man.  We're eagerly awaiting the return of Brooklyn 99 on March 18th.  I started watching Fixer Upper and knocked back a few episodes of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries.

Reading: finished The Marriage Lie.  Verdict: thumbs up.  Now reading Dover Two.  A few weeks ago I learned that the audio version of Call the Midwife was on sale (thanks for the tip, Mrs. Darcy!) and oh my goodness, it made my commute fly by (not recommended for folks who are pregnant or planning to be, but thumbs up for everyone else).  I'm keeping an eye out for deals on the rest of the series (no chance of getting a library copy, the waiting list is looong).

Your Turn
  • What are you cooking this week?
  • What are you watching and reading? 
  • Lasagna makers, what do you do to get the noodles to fit?  I break up a noodle into smaller pieces to cover the gaps, curious if anyone overlaps them.

No comments:

Post a Comment