Sunday, December 9, 2018

Weekly Eats: Monday December 3 to Sunday December 9

A weekly round up: eats, workouts, watches, and reads.  Chicken Parmesan edition.
This was a week of school events for the steps and more recovery for my husband from his plantar faciitis surgery.  Early in the week we were a house of two adults with three working legs between us and now I'd say we're up to three and one half working legs.  Another week in the boot and then his physical therapist takes over.



Breakfasts
Monday & Friday: protein smoothie
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: avocado toast

Saturday: avocado scramble

Sunday: homemade Egg McMuffin with bacon


Lunches
Monday & Wednesday: salads from work catering with tempeh and tofu respectively.  I have mixed feelings about salads as meals.  The bad part is that it's very easy to pile up the calories and even though my belly is full my head doesn't always get the message that I've eaten.  The good part is that our catering does amazing things with tempeh and tofu, and they don't have them that often, so I'll usually sign up when it's on the menu.

 Tuesday: the last serving of Sweet Potato, Corn, and Black Bean Enchiladas.  I want more stat.

Thursday: Chrissy Teigan's Actual Drunken Noodles

Saturday: Folks, I got no reason to lie.  Half of this bag of baked flaming hot Cheetos.  We had errands to run and this was easy to grab.


Sunday: Costco snacks and the other half of the Cheetos.

Dinners
Monday (rushed family meal due to a kid event): leftover pizza from the night before.  Traffic was super nasty so I was the last one home. 30 seconds to reheat/30 seconds to eat/out the door until late.

Tuesday (family meal for everyone but me): we had gotten taco fixings for Sunday before kid events that unexpected lasted 4 hours sent us out for pizza.  Hubs and stepson #1 cooked up tacos for dinner.  Traffic was even nastier than the night before, so they chowed down while I sat in traffic.

Wednesday (date night): treated my guy to his favorite meal, chicken parmesan.  The "breading" is crushed Ritz crackers.

Thursday (fend for yourself night): leftover tacos.

Friday (date night): More chicken parm.  I only made two portions of chicken on Wednesday, but we had a ton of pasta leftover, so it made sense to make another batch of chicken.

Saturday (a very special birthday): my FIL turned 90 this week!  We went over to his assisted living facility to celebrate.  The menu: fried chicken, jojos, pizza, veggie tray, and coleslaw.  Cupcakes for dessert.

Sunday (family date night): stepson #1 did something amazing last week, which we partly celebrated by having his favorite pizza last Sunday.  I gave him an I.O.U. for dinner at his favorite sushi place.


Meal Prep
Very loose for next week.  I finally had a chance to make a batch of breakfast burritos.  Look for grilled chicken in the forecast.

Workouts
Running fewer miles last week really recharged my running batteries.  Also, my base speed of 5.5 is starting to feel slow so I'm adding more and more 6.0 intervals in there.
Monday: weights and 3 mile treadmill run
Tuesday: 6 mile treadmill run.  For some reason this run absolutely trashed my legs and I was sore until Thursday AM.
Wednesday: off
Thursday: 5 mile treadmill fartlek run.  1 mile warmup/cool down, 3 miles of 2 minutes hard + 2 minutes easy.
Friday: weights and 3 mile treadmill run with a few hill intervals
Saturday: long run day and icy roads = treadmill.  My 2nd ever 10 mile tready.  My treadmill is short on decimal places so my time was 1:44:40.  Yep a full 5 minutes faster than my last 10 miler.
Psychologically, I owe this run to Treadmill TV.  First up was the season 2 finale of Wanted and after that I started season 2 of The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.  I took breaks at 5 miles, 7.5 miles, and 9 miles.

Sunday: off

Watching
(from the treadmill): How to Get Away with Murder for lifting, Wanted and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel for running.  Season 3 of Wanted comes out next week, and I imagine that I'll go back and forth between the two shows.
(from the couch): Coupling.

Reading
Jane Steele.  Loving it and almost done!

No comments:

Post a Comment