All the usuals
Lots of tacos, and hey look I stepped it up and made a salmon bowl one day. Air fried salmon patty, Costco stir fry veggies, leftover rice, avocado, a squirt of wasabi and sushi ginger, and the dressing from Skinny Taste's Seattle Salmon. The wasabi that I have is very hot, so I've given up on mixing it in the dressing and just keep it on the side.
Monday: Hubs had the boys cook us dinner! Grilled cheese from stepson #2 and tomato soup from stepson #1.
Tuesday: steak night! We grilled up a flat iron steak and portobellos and raided the freezer for starches: mashed potatoes for the adults and cheesey potato casserole for the kids.
Wednesday: leftover night! Boyz had steak, hubs had a Costco panko chicken patty, and I had a chicken sausage. We cooked hub's chicken patty in the air fryer and I threw my sausage in for the last few minutes. Then it just took a minute to reheat the steak in the air fryer.
Thursday: KISS night. Mac n'cheese and hot dogs.
Friday: OMG night. There's a Mexican place nearby that we've always been meaning to try but just never got around to. Our mistake, this place is good. And takeout margaritas just sayin'
Saturday: burgers, BTW those are some garlic stuffed olives on the side.
Sunday: hey I actually cooked something! Meatloaf & twice baked potatoes.
Hee hee, not quite but I had a lot of fun taking my best shot at Sam's Geometric Rainbow Cake
- The cake and frosting are delicious, I absolutely recommend making a non rainbow version just for the cake alone.
- If I had it to do all over again, I would have skipped the geometric part and just made a flat rainbow cake. To be honest, I thought that part would be a dead fail but it was very easy.
- The broiler scorched the heck out of the parchment paper, the longest that I left any of the layers under the broiler was 3 minutes, lesson learned keep cake and broiler far apart. But the parchment was the only thing that got scorched, the cake did not.
- I just couldn't figure out how to stack the layers at the very end and the frosting was a total fail at holding the cake together. Also there wasn't enough frosting to frost the sides of the cake.
- Sure this was killer time consuming but I enjoyed every minute of the process.
- Stepson #2 and I split the first piece and neither of us was able to finish it, a standard loaf pan slice is HUGE for a cake like this.
- Resolution: I need to bake more cakes.
Robocop and we enjoyed it very much
Oh yes I've got a good one! The Third Wife by Lisa Jewell.