Sunday, November 27, 2022

NaBloPo: Exciting Things To Tell You About My Weekend

 

Exciting things to tell you about my weekend

1.  It was a weekend.

That's it, byeeee everybody!!!!!

No wait, let's get some more detail in here.

For all things NaBloPo head over to The Inbetween in Mine  

Friday went by in a heartbeat.  I worked out in the morning, went to all of the grocery stores, and we had dinner and watched The Sting in the evening...I must have done something else but memory fails me.

The big event of Saturday was that I met up with my parents for a hike and some hanging out time back at our house with the boys and the dog.  We would have taken stepdog on the hike, but she's still dealing with her doggy tummy bug and wouldn't even eat chicken for breakfast, so we left her at home just in case she wasn't up to it.  Right before lunch she made an amazing turnaround and chomped up a bunch of chicken and then took the hubs and me on a very long walk.  On a related note, I think I've boiled more plain chicken breasts (the recommended way to cook chicken for doggos) this weekend than at any other point in my life.

That night hubs pulled out the cinematic wonder that is The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra.


Today's exciting events were:

  • Working out.  I'm at the halfway point of Caroline Girvan's Fuel series.  The week 3 workouts felt like they had more of a lifting and less of a cardio focus.  That is until today's workout, which was death by burpees.  It's all good.
  • I had Costco shrimp won tons with added rice for lunch (pictured above).  It's pretty good but I think this will be a one time purchase.
  • A trip to the Big City to visit a Christmas themed museum.  It was just OK, but it got me out of the house and checked another item off my local tourism list.
  • After that I hit up the HUUUUUGE Big City Asian Market.  The last time that I went to the much smaller Asian Market by my parents' house I had decision fatigue from the noodle selections.  This time I was able to focus and finally get bulk plain ramen noodles, but then I lost my mind looking at all of the flavored ramen selections and snacks.  All together my haul was the noodles, a few packs of ramen, some seaweed snacks that I ate on the ride home, some sambal oelek which has been MIA from the regular grocery stores for a while, and a couple of sauces that piqued my interest.
  • Well even though I didn't *need* to go to Trader Joe's I had to drive past Trader Joe's to get home so of course I went and picked up a few odds and ends.  All of the entertainment and not too big a hit on the wallet.
  • Ugh another trip to the regular grocery store, this was also pretty light on the wallet.
  • My current status is waiting for the fam to get home from their Sunday evening activity.  Dinner will be leftover turkey for them and Gimme Some Oven's very yummy Asian salad that I make with soy curls instead of chicken and ironically uses nothing that I got from the Asian store today.  Though now that I'm thinking about it, it wouldn't be a bad idea at all to toss some of those noodles in.

That's all for today!  Byeeeee!!!!

14 comments:

  1. You really went to a lot of grocery stores! We had SO MUCH FOOD in the house after Thanksgiving, I didn't go to the store till yesterday, when I had to get ready for real life again (school lunches, etc.)
    I currently have a bag of soy curls that is just waiting to be made into a meal. I'll look at that salad recipe- and I'm also thinking of that Buffalo soy curl wrap you make.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly yes, We were set for dinner but out of everything else. I can't wait to see what you do with the soy curls. You can't go wrong either way.

      Delete
  2. Your Saturday hike sounds so fun! The grocery store extravaganza less so, but then again sometimes it can be fun to wander through the aisles. I went to Trader Joe's this morning and really took my time. And then didn't buy anything "fun," because I am trying to eat "better" in between food-heavy holidays. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Double sigh. I'm walking the line between "YOLO' and "hey I really don't like my weight right now".

      Delete
  3. Mmmm that salad! I think I am going to try it, with crispy tofu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! Tofu would be good as well...wait maybe I better see for myself.

      Delete
  4. Yay! I'm at my work computer, where I can comment on your blog! For some reason I cannot comment on the blogspot blogs with my google ID on my iPad or my phone. Very frustrating. I do read, I just can't comment. Clearly it's something on my end, and I have tried to figure it out, with zero luck. Anyway, your weekend sounds lovely, just the right amount of busy vs. downtime.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sorry that it's such a pain and also that I can't figure out a better solution without getting serious spam.

      BRB I'm drooling over the eggplant pasta that you posted yesterday....https://jellyjules.com/?p=8940

      Delete
  5. So many food stores! That sounds stressful to me!

    Our dog has to be on a what must be terrible tasting dog food because she's allergic to every other dog food we've ever had her on. (Seriously, I took her to a dog training class and someone in the class ran out of treats to feed her dog so I gave her some of my dog's kibble and her dog SPIT IT OUT.) Anyway. Because it's nasty, we put a tiny bit of boiled chicken in with all of her food. The humans in the house rarely if ever eat meat, but Ms I'm A High Maintenance Dog gets chicken three times a day. So I feel you on how much chicken it takes to maintain a medium to large dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a fair question on whether I grocery shop so much because I live with teenagers or if it's because the adults in this house are picky. Time will tell.

      I'll be happy when I get a chicken break but she does love her chicken! I just need to make it for her more often when she's not sick.

      Delete
  6. Mmmmm those sauces look yummy, I can't wait to see what you make with them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay, very excited to hear you found plain, bulk ramen noodles at the Asian market. I'll be going to the international market (80% Asian food) and have hope that I'll find some, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice! I feel like you have better options in the Bay Area than I do in Nowhereville.

      Delete