Thursday, November 17, 2022

NaBloPo: Quick Catch Up

 

Friends this is going to be a short one tonight.  Let's bullet point it!

For all things NaBloPo head over to The Inbetween in Mine

  • We got our first "stick to the ground" snowfall today.  The temperature is "cold as balls" and will be getting a lot colder this weekend.
  • The middle of the month is when I'm the most busy at work so the days have been a little hectic.  It's well after dinner and I'm just now kicking back and catching up with the internets world.  I should get a breather tomorrow and then I just have to hang in there until Thanksgiving gets here.
  • Speaking of which, plans have been made.  The fam is coming to our house and everyone will pitch in so that everyone does a bit of work but no one does too much work.  My task list is:
    •  Buy a turkey, cranberry sauce, and a box of wine.
    • After hubs cooks said turkey I'll make gravy
    • Make desserts!  Chocolate chip cookies and apple pie are a given. 
  • Book update: I've gone from being really into to being really obsessed with The Accomplice by Lisa Lutz.  If I'd had my way I would have gobbled it down in a few days but I haven't had much reading time lately so that's forced me to take it slow.  I got to 90% at lights out last night and I can't wait to get back to it and finish it off.  Things have taken a very satisfying turn in the story.

That's all for tonight!  See all y'all tomorrow


13 comments:

  1. The snow looks so pretty when it first falls. We don't really get snow here. Occasionally we'll get a small dusting (maybe once every ten years) that melts by about 8am.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd trade pretty for "melts by about 8am" any day!

      Delete
  2. My first thought on seeing the snow was not "that looks pretty" but "THAT LOOKS COLD." Brr.
    So wait- all you have to do for Thanksgiving is buy those items, make gravy and the desserts? That's pretty good... although if you're hosting there's a lot of work involved with that, so I'm glad you're not doing more cooking.
    That book sounds good! I"ll see if I can get it from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct it was cooold. Where I live is a bit milder than how I remember Illinois being and thank goodness because brrrrrrr.....

      Delete
  3. I LOVE your photo on this post. Now I need to go request The Accomplice from my library...

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so nice that everyone is pitching in for the meal! Much more enjoyable when one person isn't overwhelmed by doing it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct! We've got a good system for the family meals.

      Delete
  5. So many people have gotten snow recently. We don't get snow where I live, but it's gotten significantly colder at night.

    I am glad you got Thanksgiving figured out (that can sometimes be hassle). We won't have any company, so it's going to be a nice and laid-back weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are smart to live where you live. Snow is overrated!

      Delete
  6. I've never read a Lisa Lutz book I didn't enjoy. I'll definitely be adding this one to my TBR. (Also, this cold as balls switch is not pretty. I'm quite grumpy about it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm pretty sure that your weather is harsher than mine, so the grump is justified.

      Delete
  7. So super late on this comment that by now we've had our mini warm up, now it's getting cold-as-you-know-what again... Sigh. I'm trying to remember why I live here, again? Time to bust out the hand warmers and heated vest.
    Hope Thanksgiving (how many were there?) was excellent. :)

    ReplyDelete