Tuesday, November 8, 2022

NaBloPo: Quickie

 

It's slim pickings around here for blogging content today.  Let's start with a shot of the huge moon and then let's bullet point it.

For all things NaBloPo head over to The Inbetween in Mine 

  • Sigh, our "November summer" is gone.  Right now it's merely cool but there's cold stuff and white stuff in the forecast.  Boo!
  • Neighborhood Christmas decorations report: nothing this weekend, which is unusual.  Yesterday our neighbors set up a few things and we saw a Christmas tree in a window on our dog walk tonight.
  • The kids had today off from school for the election, presumably so their teachers could vote.  I don't remember this ever happening before but I'm all for it.
  • On a related note we went from having a ton of leftover pizza to one slice of leftover pizza thanks to a certain Very Hungry Caterpillar in our house.
  • In the space of 24 hours I've gone from really liking The Accomplice to being obsessed with it.  I can't wait to get back to it tonight.  Usually when I like a book I keep my cool and take my time for the first half and then gobble up the second half.  With this one I started gobbling around 10% in.
Yep that's really all I got!  Thanks for hanging out with me!


13 comments:

  1. It's so cold that we haven't even thought of putting up outdoor decorations yet; I hope we get a break in this brutal cold so we can get it done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brrrr! It's just so crazy that you already have snow and we'll have it soon.

      Delete
  2. Yes, I think it's getting colder everywhere up there... and that weather should get down to us eventually. After our hurricane passes, of course (sigh.)
    I don't think anyone in our neighborhood has put up Christmas decs yet (but I haven't done a really thorough search,) BUT some of the developments with fancy landscaping have put their lights up- like white and green lights in all the palm trees and it's so pretty!
    Our school have always been closed on election day because some of the schools are used for voting. But I think it's a new thing up north- my sister said the schools were closed yesterday for the first time near Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One perk of having a dog and the time changing so that we walk the dog in the dark every day is that we have a lot of time on our hands to observe the neighborhood;-)

      That's interesting that this was the first year that CHI closed schools for voting. I just couldn't remember it happening before.

      Delete
  3. Election Day should 100% be a national holiday! It would be great if all federal and state workers had the day off to research their ballots and vote. I will happily give up Columbus Day for that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 100%. It would really help to set the tone that voting is important and make it easier for folks to go to the polls.

      Delete
  4. I've already seen a Christmas tree in a window and I don't know how to feel about it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know how I feel about it either! It's just an entertaining thing to see on our dog walks at night.

      Delete
  5. There was a game we played when driving around christmas by counting all the trees we spotted in the windows. It was a fun thing to do as a family. I am not too ready for chirstmas yet. Lets finish November first

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what we do when we walk the dog at night!

      Delete
  6. Yes to election day being a day off for everyone. Yes. Yes. Yes. The Christmas lights are up around here - but since it's now past Thanksgiving I think it's okay. ;) (The dilemma of late comments! Sorry!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the late comments! It helps me to tie in my life a few weeks ago to now. I'm going to be making a lot of late comments on the NaBloPo blogs that I didn't get around to reading the first time.

      Delete