Tuesday, November 15, 2022

NaBloPo: Notes from the Day

 

Wha it's the half way point for NaBloPo and I'm still in it????  How did that happen?

For all things NaBloPo head over to The Inbetween in Mine

Food Talk

Nothing but nothing new to report.  I enjoyed leftover sesame noodles for lunch.  My family is in their second straight week of munching on chicken burritos for dinner.  Asking for a friend, assuming that you were eating different things on Fridays, Saturdays, the time that you spend with your mother, and your time at Boy Scout camp, how many nights could you go just eating chicken burritos?  I'm thinking they could ride this train for a while.  Related question, I wonder what my longest burrito streak is?  And yes my meals today were a breakfast burrito, the noodles, and a veggie burrito, so two thirds of my meals today were burritos and that feels pretty normal.

The Best Money That I've Spent Recently

Getting the piano tuned!!!  I'm struggling to remember how long it had been besides long before I moved in with the hubs, so safe to say that it was time.  I don't play anymore, but I figured that kicking up the tuning might lure stepson #2 away from the electronic keyboard in the basement.  And sure enough, my diabolical plan is working and we're starting to get more live piano concerts.

Last night he started playing the new tune that his teacher assigned him.  Could it be...oh yes it was!!!  Liebestraume!!!


Werk Talk

I don't have to worry about the awkwardness of leaving my job just as my boss is going on maternity leave because Cool Startup has spoken.  Last week the supervisor told me that I was moving to the next round of interviews and that recruiting would reach out to schedule them.  Recruiting reached out all right...to tell me that they were not moving forward.  Yes it was a sloppy move, but not entirely unwelcome.

This afternoon I blasted my way through a ton of work that I'd been avoiding because I didn't want to do it, so it feels like a weight has been lifted.  Unless some other hot shot startup reaches out or unless I see a job posting on LinkedIn that reels me in, I'm staying put for the time being.  There's been another cool development at work that started with me saying "hey I know this sounds like a stupid idea..." but I'll hold that one for a later post.

Byeeeee!!!!

15 comments:

  1. Sorry about the Cool Startup but hey, I think you are well positioned where you are.
    What a cliffhanger... can't wait to know more about the "stupid idea"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the jobbo is pretty good. Given that I was ready to give it all up six months in and still have plans to exit after the boss gets back from maternity leave, I wonder how long I'll end up working there? It would be ironic if this turns out to be a long term gig after all.

      Delete
  2. Ah well... sounds like you're pretty happy where you are right now. And if I remember correctly, you hadn't even gotten to the point of talking salary with Cool Startup- so it might not have worked out anyway.
    I absolutely love hearing my kids practice! I loved it even when they were beginners, but now even my daughter has moved past that phase and it sounds like... music! Good music.
    We have a piano that no one really plays (we inherited it from my parents) but my son will want to play it when he's home- he's taking jazz piano as an elective this semester. It hasn't been tuned since we got it... ten years ago? Eep. I should look into that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly, Cool Startup and I only got to the second date so there's no telling what would have come out on dates three and four.

      A freshly tuned piano would be a great Christmas present for your son! My piano keeps its tune for a long time, so it's a very subtle change as it goes from in tune to a bit flat. It always feels good to get it freshened up.

      Delete
  3. I have never heard this song before? But it's beautiful! Now I want to find the sheet music! And I should definitely get my piano tuned, it's been... ten years, I bet. Yikes.

    Well, Startup Job wasn't the right fit. Always a little crushing, though.

    I have been eating black bean tacos pretty much every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday since my kiddo started doing activities on those nights and I am not sick of them yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely get that bad boy tuned up! Yes it's another appointment and another person in your house, but it's such a good feeling afterwards.

      Yes, it would be nice to have had at least one offer from all of the jobs that I've interviewed for this year. But on the other hand it's a bit annoying to try to get rid of a company when they want you but you don't want them.

      Tacos for life!

      Delete
  4. Also! Congrats on making it halfway through November! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes how did this happen? Is it really not as hard as we thought?

      Delete
  5. Sorry for the work news...but it also sounds like a bit a relief. Having A decision can feel liberating even if there are mixed emotions involved.
    Those sesame noodles look delicious. And we eat a LOT of burrito's at our house, so 0% judgement from my end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Correct, it does feel better not to have the distraction of the other job on the table.

      The noodles are a great for those times when I need a break from the burritos.

      Delete
  6. I am so happy you're still hanging in there with NaBloPoMo! NIcely done.

    It's good that you're pretty happy with your current job. I'm sure the Cool Startup was probably a bunch of chumps, anyway!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, mixed feelings. There are a lot of things that I like about my job? It's confusing.

      Go NaBloPo!!!!

      Delete
  7. Oh yay for tuning the piano. I am so jealous :)
    Also, I love burritos, but could probably just do it for a week straight - max! - before I'd have to switch things up.

    P.S. As NGS pointed out, you realize you're halfway through NaBloPoMo? You're DOING IT!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It only took me a few years of following along with you each November to get on board! But now that I'm on the train I like the ride.

      Delete
  8. I always love your updates - and am so curious about whether the burrito obsession continued apace...? I am not as much of a fan - deconstructed, yes, but I make an unholy mess of most burritos when they're "together".
    I'm sorry but not sorry, if that makes sense, that the job did not work out. Staying put seems reasonable for now, for sure.

    ReplyDelete